Women across the globe use a wide range of skincare products from different brands to boost skin health. It’s difficult to pick the right products from the supermarket shelves as they are loaded with numerous varieties. But will herbs enhance skin health? There are many promising natural herbs which can lock your skin moisture, reduce dryness, boost collagen synthesis, improves skin tone, decreases blemishes, fights wrinkles and rejuvenates naturally to enhance your skin’s radiance and glow. Looking for Best Herbs to boost skin health?
Why wait for? Grab these below-listed herbs to save your skin and uplift your beauty naturally in one go. Here are our top choices for you, just pick it that suits based on your skin type. Just read on the article and fix all your skincare problems effectively. Now find out the best herb that suits well based on your skin needs.
10 Best Herbs to Boost Skin Health
Herbs do wonders on our skin. For many years natural herbs are used in the beauty routine. They have the mystical power to heal skin problems as well as it helps to enhance beauty.
Neem is an amazing ingredient to boost skin health. Not only leaves, but the entire part of the plant is used in health and beauty regimen. Neem leaves have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help you to keep your skin fresh and glowing.
- Good skin moisturizer and makes your skin soft and supple
- Great exfoliators
- Prevents acne and pimples
- Treats skin infection
- Reduces pigmentation, blackheads and heals scars
- Drinking neem leaves water regulates hormones as well as improving blood circulation
- Relieves skin dryness, itchiness and redness
- Controls excess oil production in the skin
- Improves glow and produces anti-ageing effects
2. Aloe Vera
The wonder herb, Aloe Vera has multiple benefits on skin and treats a variety of skin ailments. Aloe Vera is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin A, Vitamin C, and enzymes. Aloe Vera is used majorly in the cosmetic and ayurvedic industry.
- Treats sunburn
- Reduces skin infection, itchiness and blisters
- Hydrates the skin
- Fights premature ageing
- Accelerates wound healing
- Fade blemishes
- Relieves skin irritation
- Perfect skin moisturiser and makes your skin smooth and supple
- Removes dark circles and puffiness around the eyes
- Clears stretch marks
3. Liquorice Root
Ayurvedic industry is blessed with the secret ingredient Liquorice. It has been used in the traditional medical industry for more than 100 years. Liquorice roots treat the several skin conditions also it defends your skin from free radical damage. It provides you with holistic benefits.
- Brightens the skin and improves skin colour
- Fade blemishes and dark spots
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Treats acne
- Heals redness and inflammation
- Brightens the skin
- Improves collagen, fights wrinkles and helps in skin tightening
- Protects the skin from UV damage
Chamomile is bundled with many powerful ingredients. These can offer you a range of health benefits. Drinking chamomile tea boosts immunity, helps in lowering heart diseases and protects your skin from infections and other disorders.
- Diminish wrinkles and acne breakouts
- It helps to clear up acne
- Eases premature ageing, uneven skin tone and promotes youthful-looking skin
- Protects the skin from the serious ailment caused due to UV exposure
- Treats sunburns
- Placing chamomile tea bags under the eyes prevents the dark circle and puffiness
Thyme, the aromatic herb is used in cooking due to its magnificent properties and nutritional benefits. This secret ingredient is often found in our kitchen cabin also we store fresh leaves in our refrigerator shelves. Yes! This beautiful herb offers you amazing health benefits. Let’s read its benefits now:
- Treats acne
- Nurtures your skin and slows-down ageing
- Boosts immune system
- Detoxify and removes toxins from the body. It helps to keep the skin healthy
Basil leaves also known as tulsi leaves have wonderful healing properties. The leaves are used in culinary, skincare products, medicines and cosmetics unit.
- It aids in improving skin tone
- It prevents blemishes
- Relieves skin infection, skin irritation, itchiness, redness, allergies, sores and wounds
- It fights acne
- It cleanses your skin by removing dirt, dust and prevents excess oil from the skin
- Treats blackheads and pimples
- It slows down the ageing diminishes fine lines and age spots
7. Mint leaves
Aromatic and flavourful mint is used in cuisines, beauty products, toothpaste, candies and many more. Mint leaves are rich in nutrients and offer you with numerous skin benefits and a few of them are listed below.
- Ingesting mint leaves help to maintain body temperature, thereby it cools and soothes your body completely
- Relieves allergies and skin infections
- It averts acne
- Removes blemishes and gives a radiant looking skin
- Great moisturizer and help in skin hydration.
- Revitalizes your skin and leaves your skin soft and supple
This amazing is added in many skincare products and in culinary recipes. Rosemary essential oil is used to enhance immunity, helps to relieve stress, and mixed in hair care oil to stimulate hair growth.
- Tightens your skin and prevents ageing
- Lifts dark spots and fights acne
- The phytonutrients, calcium and iron in the rosemary herb help to protect the skin from UV damage.
- Regular massage with rosemary oil improves skin tone, skin texture and provides a radiant glowing skin
- Foils skin infections, puffiness, and swelling
Nettle leaves offer numerous skin benefits and support your overall health and wellbeing.
- Consuming nettle tea helps to flush toxins out of the body, thereby helps in boosting your skin health
- Nettle leaves are rich in vitamin C and vitamin D. This adds radiance and glow to the skin.
- Fights pimples, acne and keep the dark spots away
- Treats skin allergies
- It boosts blood circulation and hence helps to slow down ageing
10. Gotu Kola
Gotu kola also called Brahmi is a powerful brain tonic. It is used in traditional and Chinese medicines. The leaves are rich in amino acids, fatty acids, beta carotene, antioxidants, alkaloids, saponins and many more.
- Increases blood circulation, Stimulates cells and prevents ageing
- Rectifies wound and burns
- Treats rashes and alleviates redness and itching
- Guards the skin from UV damage
- Combats wrinkles
- Perfect blood purifier
- Treats varicose veins
There are many plants available in and around our locality which can enhance our skin health without any side effects. It only helps to brighten your skin, but also it helps to maintain healthy, beautiful and flawless skin. Never ignore your skin ailments! Just treat your skin and beautify it with the above-listed herbs.
NicolleDecember 11, 2019 at 5:43 pm
I love aloe and chamomile for the skin! Also not an herb but frankencense is amazing for your complexion
Yuri BarberDecember 18, 2019 at 7:46 pm
Very informative. We have a lot of these herbs in our home
Cathy DeanDecember 18, 2019 at 7:56 pm
I haven’t even heard of all of these, but Liquorice Root is my new favorite kind of herbal tea 🙂
YuriFebruary 13, 2020 at 12:02 am
Great tips. I’m going to try some of these out. Thanks for sharing.
Impeachment Margarita - Sula and SpiceFebruary 21, 2020 at 8:18 pm
[…] Then, add ice and a few mint leaves. (did you know that mint is great for your skin? Read more here) […]
ChynaMarch 30, 2020 at 12:11 am
Just started using Thyme more. Awesome! Is there any other ways to use the herbs instead of just through food?
Yemi KingApril 1, 2020 at 5:53 pm
Number 10 is one I have not heard of. Thank you for this information!