Although your teeth are front and center with a smile, you must not forget about your gums. Gum disease is one of the most common dental problem, these days Proper oral health ensures that both your teeth and your gums are strong. You don’t want to be in the position where you find yourself treating your gums for severe diseases. Make sure you care for your gums as much as your teeth. Here is everything you need to know about preventing gum disease.
Gum disease, also known as periodontitis, is the loss of teeth or tissue due to bacterial growth formed within the gums. Periodontitis is extremely common, and a patient loses teeth in severe cases. That is why it is crucial to adequately protect your teeth and gums from periodontitis. Here are a few symptoms of the disease:
- Inflamed gums near or around the teeth
- Tender to the touch or pulsing gums
- Red or swollen gums
- Higher chance of bleeding
Although gum disease is common, there are ways to prevent it from occurring.
- Brush & Floss: The number one is good oral care. Be sure to brush your teeth regularly, and don’t forget to floss. Many particles are left behind as you eat and get stuck between your teeth. A toothbrush only cleans the surface of the teeth while floss handles the rest. If the particles are trapped between the teeth and gums, there is a higher chance of bacteria growth.
- Checkups: Be sure to visit your dentists routinely. You should see your dentist at least twice a year to keep up with your oral care. A checkup ensures that everything is running smoothly within the mouth. Also, it’s a great way to see if any issues are occurring and fix them before it’s too late.
The best solution to preventing gum disease is to practice good oral health and see a professional in general dentistry who wants the best for your teeth and gums. Just remember that your gums are just as important as your teeth. Be sure to take care of both, and they will take care of you.
While there are precautions to prevent gum diseases, sometimes even those fail. In that case, you must seek help from the Renowned Dentist in Dubai.
You may also like to read: 6 Tips on Maintaining Healthy Teeth and Gums
Featured Image: Hand photo created by jcomp – www.freepik.com