“Happiness is what fuels your days; aligns you with the stars, beats your heart, heals what hurts, turns the page, makes new friends, finds true love, calls the shots, waves the wand, connects the dots, feeds your mind, frees your soul, rocks the world, and pays compound interest. “- Mike Dooley
How to Become Truly Happy and Positive Person? This is one of the most common questions that arises in the mind of many people.
How do you know if you’re truly happy?
Most of the happy people have these habits in common:
- They feel free – free to think and free to act as per their will, independent of what other people say or think about them.
- They enjoy their own company and silence.
- They appreciate what they already have and feel blessed about that.
- They find beauty in everything and everyone around them.
- They worry less and enjoy more.
So here are a few steps to a simpler way of life that make you more aligned to the behaviors of happy people:
- Engage yourself in proper “me time” for a while by spending time with yourself and for yourself. Go for a walk, listen to your favorite music, do what makes “you” happy- It could be playing with a pet, eating Chocolate, or maybe simple bird watching. It could be anything; Just do that!
- De-clutter your surroundings once in fifteen days. Give away what is no more required- someone else might find it useful.
- Say “No” to what you do not want to do. Sometimes this might sound difficult but a simple NO, in the beginning, can save you from the stress of later.
- Focus on one life goal at a time. This will help you in achieving better results and peace of mind.
- Give your energy to those people who raise your own. There are people who drain out all your energy with their negative talks. Avoid them! If they are so close to you, unavoidable and unchangeable- accept them as they are and stop putting your efforts and energy into them.
- Unsubscribe from the email that is not relevant to you or doesn’t enjoy, no one is asking to carry extra noise and baggage to you.
- Don’t bother what others are talking about you. You need not worry about what opinions they are forming about you. You know yourself better than they know you. Go with your inner voice. If you are unable to make some decision ask ONLY those who care for you.
- An old saying “Early to bed – early to rise” is still valid for happy people.
- Above all- make an effort to say thanks to the universe for what you already have.
Keeping a gratitude journal – at the end of the day is a good practice. Say thanks to those who made your life worthwhile, who have helped you in even the smallest way throughout the day and those who have taught you a lesson in your life (this way you will at peace with your so-called “enemies” too)