The need to be going all the time, the need to be functioning each second is seen as productive. If you are not working or putting your energy into something, then it is believed that you are wasting time. Taking out time for “me time activities” may feel a waste where you won’t accomplish anything.
The essentiality of me-time has got lost in this busy world that we live in. To some extent, it is believed to be true that stress and the inability to find time for yourself can have an impact on health as well as psychological state.
Why scheduling “Me-Time” is just as important?
- When you take some time off of work, it allows you to decompress, get rid of some stress, and get back to work with a clearer mind and better focus. When you are in a relaxing mode, that is when you get most of your best ideas to work on. It is equally important for you to forget the to-do list and focus on the present.
- It is not necessary that you must go on and on and on without taking a pause. Everyone needs a break from routine tasks and stress and indulges in me-time activities. If you feel a bit down or sluggish, you need time to charge your mind and body. This enhances the efficiency of your work.
- It is a challenging task to offer your best when you’re not at your best. You give, give, and give but then it gets exhausting and frustrating. Giving back to your family is just as important for which you need to be content with yourself.
- When lives are full of to-do lists, it can be challenging to see the forest for the trees. When you have a chance to remove yourself and take a breather, your mind gets clear. With a clear mind, you have more energy, and motivation, and hence, you become more productive.
- When you have your own me-time, you learn new things about yourself such as things you love to do or your favorite hobby. You get to embrace your creativity, develop a skill, and feel a sense of accomplishment.
To be clear, “me-time” doesn’t necessarily mean spending a whole day at spa or doing activities to pamper yourself. A few minutes squeezed for yourself should be more than enough. You should find a little time each day to relax, recharge, and revitalize. A little time for yourself is every day is enough to reap the maximum benefits of the Me-Time. But what to do at that time?
Here is a list of fun Me Time activities and ideas which will help you to make the most of your precious time.
Amidst your busy schedule, find time in the day where you can ban all your electronics, email, and phone calls for a set amount of time. Take a break from social media. Use this time to go out for a walk, read a book, or simply stare out the window.
2. Embrace Your Creativity
Make and create, only for fun and relaxation. You shouldn’t be looking to create something perfect rather let your creativity flow and don’t try to hang up on how it turns out. It is your creativity that matters and not the end result. You may like to try
- Dancing or Singing (As if no one is watching)
3. Take Yourself Out For A Meal
Take yourself out for a nice sit-down in your favorite restaurant or cafe. It is revitalizing when you take a break mid-week from the usual routine. Treat yourself with a lavish meal and enjoy with your own self.
4. Take a Nap (My favorite!)
This is one of my first me-time activities because I feel so refreshed after taking a quick nap.
Get under your comfy covers and really rest. Sleep if you have time, or just close your eyes and revel in the fluffy softness.
Taking a nap not only refreshes but it also helps you to enhance your productivity.
Further Reading: Why Sleep Is So Important to Your Health?
5. Call an Old Friend
When you maintain positive relations, it is food for the soul. Take out some time and call a friend with whom you haven’t talked in a while. Relive the good old days and catch up with them.
6. Watch TV
Even though watching TV can be a mindless “guilty pleasure” but it can turn out to be good for you. Watch something you love but you hardly get a chance to indulge in, and really enjoy it. I love to watch LUCIFER over and again when I want to take a break.
7. Maintain Your Journal
It is necessary to write down your feelings, ideas, stresses, dreams – whatever you feel like! It doesn’t have to be a regular thing to serve the purpose. The idea is to take a break from work and indulge in more phone-free activities.
If you are new to journaling, here is how to start journaling?
Closing Words on Me-Time Activities and Ideas
The importance of me-time cannot be ignored. of Taking care of yourself is just as important, though it can leave you guilty. You have to remember that carving out time for yourself is really important for your physical as well as mental health. Taking out time for yourself and indulging in your favorite me-time activities not only add up to a happier family but make you more productive. Not just that me-time is great for healthy relationships in your life. This is one of the best Self-care activities for everyone.
TalissaJuly 21, 2020 at 1:52 am
I have such a hard time getting some “me time” I’m a single mom and I work 12 hour day shifts. My only solution to me time is staying up a couple hours after my son goes to sleep
Energetic readsNovember 24, 2020 at 2:13 pm
LexiDecember 16, 2020 at 7:29 pm
LOVE THIS!!! My favorite is watching tv and taking yourself out for a meal. Self care is sooo important.
LexiDecember 16, 2020 at 7:29 pm
LOVE THIS!!! My favorite is watching tv and taking yourself out for a meal. Self care is so important.
VictoriaOctober 2, 2021 at 10:20 am
Really good read! I love journaling, scrapbooking, and napping with my hubby! Your blog design, by the way, is very aesthetically pleasing!
EmilyOctober 2, 2021 at 10:27 am
Love how simple this is. I definitely need to unplug more in my me time. Thanks for this reminder that me time is a need!
LauraNovember 9, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Love this! I often feel like I end up wasting my me time because I am just spinning in circles trying to figure out which “me” activity I should do.
Karen | Online Blog & Business HelpNovember 9, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Great ideas and a good reminder. With a blog and a growing VA business, I struggle to make any time for myself away from the computer. P.S. FRIENDS on repeat for life! 😉
Tamera-YourChristianBestFriendMarch 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Unplugging is essential for my me time to be successful. And I love naps too lol
KristinaMarch 26, 2022 at 7:35 pm
love these! great reminders! thank you!
PatrickMarch 26, 2022 at 9:52 pm
I love calling old friends from time to time as part of my “me time”. It helps me reconnect with my former self through them and the stories we share, and the reflection of those memories helps me create a better future for myself and my family. Great post!!
NicoleMarch 26, 2022 at 11:51 pm
I love to reshow shows too. There’s something comforting about that. I find that listening to music, going on for walks, and working on my blog is also great me time. Baths are alright too but personally, I find it a bit too drying. It might be hard to squeeze in some me time but it’s absolutely necessary.